Monday, March 27, 2017

Customer's cataract issue and sight picture

Hello Charlie

Nice to hear from you.

I can’t believe it has been 3 years since I ordered the EyePals, they are still working well and sticking properly.

Not doing too well in competitions these days, took part in one yesterday, (10 m Air Pistol) had some back pain which did not help, but I’m ever optimistic in improving.

A little saga in the 3 years since using the EyePal:
About 3 years ago I had a cataract in my right eye so I could shoot with it, previously been using my left dominant eye. I had to wait a couple of months after the surgery before I could get the correct prescription, then the eye started to become cloudy again , the optician said it was due to thickening of the capsule, so made an appointment with the original surgeon for YAG laser posterior capsulotomy.

Later I found that when using the EyePal I could see a cloudy patch at the bottom 1/3 of the aperture, so back to the consultant, I explained I shoot in competitions and sight through a tiny aperture and could see this fuzzy area. He explained this was at the top of the capsule as the image is upside down. So another YAG laser treatment to remove more of the capsule.
All in all this took about 2 years.

Apparently this thickening occurs in around 20% of cases following cataract surgery.

A friend at the club mentions to me, from time to time, that he would prefer the aperture on the EyePal was a little larger. Have you heard this from anyone else at all ?

Kind regards,

David

No comments:

Post a Comment