Monday, January 23, 2017

AR15 customer's review

7/22/2010 3:02:49 PM

I ordered the “EyePal”  and it came in today and so I will do a mini review as a “thank you”.

First, I brought the “EyePal Rifle Kit” which comes with two aperture for rifle use only. The good news is that I think they make a big difference and will likely work. Will go out to the range tomorrow as weather permits to give them the “acid test”. Here are some initial impressions.

• You basically put these apertures on your safety glasses; they are made of that soft rubber material that self adhere to smooth surfaces and can be peeled off and put on again without any problem – GOOD!

• You have to adjust them a bit so that you can look out of the hole into your BUIS – NO PROBLEM.

• Since they are small holes, they do reduce the amount of light coming in significantly, so they probably will not work too well on a really dark day, but will work fine on a bright or sunny day. For the same reason, you should not use them on sunglasses, and yellow or clear lens safety glasses are preferable – SMALL PROBLEM.

• When I look through my Troy BUIS looking through the small peep rear sight at the HK style front sight what I normally see in simulated in this first image (although I had to use the large peep sight - what you will see is smalle since you will likely use the small peep sight). I see the semi-circular arms of the front sight and the aiming post in the middle. When I use the EyePal, the peep sight hole at on the back sight is significantly smaller in size and at the same distance from the rear sight, I can only see part of the front post (again smaller). This is in some ways not ideal because it does limit my visibility out of the sight, but since I am only shooting a paper target, this weakness is not “deadly”. – SMALL PROBLEM

• The reduced size of the hole you can see out of the rear sight is good in some aspect because it actually makes it easier to line up the two sights – GOOD

• The other thing that makes a big difference is that if I shoot with both eyes open, the target is now crystal clear from both eyes - so overall GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment